Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Mid-Year Book Freak Out 2017

I had seen this going around Booktube and loved the idea :) I'm a little late to the game but only by like 2 weeks!

Hosted by Earl Grey Books and ReadLikeWildfire
  1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017. A tie between Heartless by Marissa Meyer and My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows, and Cynthia Hand. I loved them both so much.
  2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2017. The rereads of The Wide Window and The Ersatz Elevator - both in the Series of Unfortunate Events.
  3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to. Caraval by Stephanie Garber.
  4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year. Tie between Warcross by Marie Lu (I've read an excerpt and LOVED it) and They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera (love the premise).
  5. Biggest disappointment. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
  6. Biggest surprise. My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows, and Cynthia Hand. I didn't really expect to like it but had heard it was so so funny. It was. I laughed out loud so many times.
  7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you) Amanda Hosch! I read her debut middle grade, Mabel Opal Pear and the Rules for Spying, and it was adorable. It's set to come out in October.
  8. Newest fictional crush. I have none - most of the romantic interests have been annoying. o.O
  9. Newest favorite character. Mabel Opal Pear from Mabel Opal Pear and the Rules for Spying by Amanda Hosch.
  10. Book that made you cry. I don't think I've cried yet this year that I can recall.
  11. Book that made you happy. My Lady Jane!
  12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year. I have watched Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children, but I haven't read the book yet. The movie was amazing.
  13. Favorite review you've written this year. My review for Heartless and My Lady Jane.
  14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received). Flame in the Mist by Renee Adhieh is stunning!!
  15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year? All of the books on my desk :S

No comments: