Thursday, July 27, 2017

Summer Biannual Bibliothon [Day 5]

Today's blog challenge is hosted by Ashley of Inside My Minds. Ashley is challenging us to talk about Character Connections, a character we connected with on a more personal level. Then pick a situation they were in and discuss what they should have done differently.

Honestly, it's probably an easy choice, but the first character who came to mind was Hermione Granger...frizzy hair, big teeth, insufferable know-it-all, perfectionist, teacher's pet...that's me. I loved Hermione when I was 12 and reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for the first time. I loved everything about her. I'm trying to think back to a time I think Hermione could have handled a situation better and my thoughts went to her petrifying Neville. I feel like she (really the whole trio) should have explained to Neville what was happening. They were all pretty hysterical and I'm sure it was a lot of that fight-or-flight type of adrenaline response, but I feel like Hermione could have been more respectful to Neville and mediated the situation better.

READING UPDATE:
I finished 2 books yesterday and I'm so proud of doing that! Just in 4 days, I've read almost as much as I do in a month :)

DAY 4 PROGRESS:
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks [Kindle] - done (~127 pages read)
The Upside of Unrequited [Physical] - done (298 pages read)
Eliza and Her Monsters [Physical] - 32 pages

TOTAL: 677 pages   


No comments: