Monday, January 8, 2018

Bout of Books 21 [Days 1-4 Progress]

Bout of Books

Once again, I'm going to split up my readathon progress into two posts. This post will serve as my days 1-4 progress. I hope everyone has a great reading week. I'm hoping that I can continue my streak of reading more than 100 pages each day that started in December (when I read 11 books in one month compared to my typical 4).

I am an expert again, so I will be making rounds to encourage my fellow readers :) If you have any questions, let me know :)

[GOALS]
**Read a little every day
**Finish one book
**Participate in one Twitter chat
**Be a cheerleader!

[DAY 1 PROGRESS]
Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson - started at 114, ended at 128 (24 pages)
A Month of Mondays by Joelle Anthony - started at 8%, ended at 20% (~24 pages)


TOTAL: 48 pages

READING UPDATE: I have been doing this thing where I only read a chapter or two of Let's Pretend and I'll finish it eventually. There is something about it that I can't really sit and read it for an extended amount of time even though I am enjoying it. A Month of Mondays is only 200 pages long, so my hope is to make a pretty good dent in it today.

------------------------------------------
[DAY 2 PROGRESS]
A Month of Mondays by Joelle Anthony - started at 20%, ended at 100% (~160 pages)
The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon - started at 0%, ended at 34% (~130 pages)
Warcross by Marie Lu - started at 0, ended at 4 (4 pages)

TOTAL: 294 pages // 1 book finished

READING UPDATE: Today is the first day back to school for my big kids, so it's just Mason and me. We have no plans today except for me to film a Plan With Me during naptime.
------------------------------------------
[DAY 3 PROGRESS]
The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon - started at 34%, ended at 37% (~11 pages)
Warcross by Marie Lu - started at 4, ended at 99 (95 pages)

TOTAL: 106 pages // 1 book finished

READING UPDATE: Greatly looking forward to today's reading because I am already loving The Sun is Also a Star and I know I will love Warcross. I have a little blogging to get done this morning, but then I am pretty sure my day is free for the most part. // I'm updating at 8pm ET because I don't know how much more reading I will get done. Tonight is the night, I'm on reddit rewatching RuPauls' Drag Race and chatting, so no reading to be had.
------------------------------------------
[DAY 4 PROGRESS]
The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon - started at 37%, ended at 65% (~107 pages)
Warcross by Marie Lu - started at 99, ended at 176 (77 pages)

TOTAL: 184 pages // 1 book finished

READING UPDATE: Today may be a lower page day because one of my cats has a vet appointment and this afternoon, my oldest has to build a sod house and we decided to do it out of Cocoa Krispies, so I am helping him with that. So I know my late morning and my afternoon will be full of activities. We'll see how the day goes :) I'm about a third of the way through both books, so I'm hoping I can finish both by the end of the readathon. Ambitious thoughts, no?!

No comments: