Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2018

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.

  1. My main goal for 2018 is to read 52 books...again. I had a great reading year in 2017 and hit my goal of 52 books. One book a week seemed like an attainable goal and it was, so I figure I would continue that in 2018.
  2. I want to read books set in 20 different states and 3 different countries (not including the US).
  3. I need to finish at least 10 series. Need to. Why? Because I'm in too many series and I need to be finishing some.
  4. I want to read and watch some movie/tv adaptations. The two biggest ones are A Monster Calls and Wonder. But there's a few in 2018 that I am eyeing too.
  5. I'm super behind on Netgalley reviews and I'm determined to get some of those done too. Two a month for a total of 24 reviews finished.
  6. I also want to read at least one Owlcrate book a month. I have 7 from last year still to read and will obviously get a dozen more in 2018.
  7. I would like to try to not start too many books at once. One Kindle and one physical seems like plenty. I get myself into reading like 7 books but really I have started 7 and I'm only really reading one or two of them. Then I feel obligated into finishing them all before I start new ones and then feel guilty if I do start yet another new one.
  8. I want to try and use the library regularly. Overdrive is new-to-me in December and I am loving it. I also want to take the kids at least two times a month.
  9. Continue to mood read. This was by far my best decision of 2017. I used to set specific books for each month. Get irritated when I didn't stick to them. Not read books I was excited for because they weren't on my list and so on and so forth. In 2017, I just read the books I wanted to read and I think that contributed to me meeting and surpassing my goal!
  10. I want to be more active in being a supportive member of the blogging community - I want to comment more and be more involved! :)

No comments: